Thursday, October 13, 2011

Exploring....#2

After the pastry shop, my friend and I spied another shop in the same shopping complex. We went inside to explore...^_^

The shop, "Spoonful":


My friend has a great sense of humor and made me giggle. Here is what we found:

Chopstick holders:

Here is what she said about them:

"Every night, for dinner, you can explain your feeling to your husband/boyfriend/friend by putting out one of these. For example, tonight I'm angry at you, so I'll put out the angry face. Or, tonight, I'm in a super good mood, so I'll use the happy face one." (laugh)

She explained this all in Japanese, which was even funnier. It's kind of hard to translate Japanese humor sometimes, but trust me, it was funny/cute. ^_^

We explored some more and my friend picked up something heavy. I asked her in Japanese: 「何それ?」(What is that??)

She turned it around and said: 「え?」(eh?) and we both laughed.

I had offended the chicken. (laugh) We both had no idea what this chicken's purpose was...

This shop was really fun. I think we spent about 30 minutes here. Again, we didn't buy anything, but it was fun to notice all the little knick-knacks. And I really enjoyed my friend's funny commentary. ^_^

Spoonful is located in the new Portico building, 2F. Soi Langsuan. BTS Chitlom. There is a cafe inside too. ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Your friend's story about chopsticks holders is interesting! I guess the purpose of chiken is just to put it on your desk or something to enjoy seeing. If it is used as a moneybox, do you think many people will buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Takao,

    I'm glad to hear that you liked my friend's "chopstick story". She has a great imagination, I think.

    Hm. Your suggestion of a money box is a good one. We often call those a "piggybank", because the traditional form is a pig. If the chicken COULD hold money inside, I think some people just might buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ニワトリ・・・・・
    とても笑ったね^^♪
    ブログ読んで、また笑った^^ 
    アソークに出来た『ターミナル21』行きましょう!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cocoonさん ハロー!

    その日に、cocoonさんのお話はとっても面白かっただわ!

    「ターミナル2」が出来たの?じゃ〜それで、行きましょう!私たちは:面白いポイントハンター 。じゃない? ^_^

    ReplyDelete