Friday, October 7, 2011

My Porch

I found this restaurant on the internet. What's special about this shop? Two things:
  • the owners are Japanese (so I could show off my Japanese language skills...嬉しい)
  • they have Karaoke! ^_^
Outside the shop:

I dragged a friend along to experience the Japanese past time of having fun singing, while eating and drinking. First, we ate! We ordered:

Cheese gratin for my friend (this was my recommendation):

Baked eggplant and cheese pasta for moi:

Time to sing! Of course, I chose Kylie. (laugh) No Kylie, no life. This is my belief. I also sang, Lady Gaga, Britney (don't ask), Sheena Ringo, and Cher.

Kylie!

We also got to enjoy a dessert after finishing up the singing:

My Porch is pretty reasonable. Our lunch set included: salad, bread, drink, main dish and dessert for 250 baht. It was 100 baht extra for the Karaoke, which we enjoyed in a private room. ^_^ My friend and I kept wondering if the staff outside could hear our bad singing. (laugh) Probably yes.

My Porch is located on Sukhumvit Soi 39. BTS Phrom Phong. At Soi 39, walk 200 meters; when you see "My Spa" turn right and My Porch is on the left. My Porch has two shops: the Restaurant & My Porch Music. The Music one has Karaoke. My Porch restaurant website is HERE. The owners can speak a little English; it's better if you know Thai or Japanese. Their Karaoke room offers songs in Japanese, English, Thai and Korean. Enjoy! ^_^

4 comments:

  1. What kind of Japanese song do you like? Do you like SMAP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Takao,

    I know SMAP, but I am not a big fan, sorry.

    For Japanese music, I like:
    - Utada Hikaru,
    - Namie Amuro
    - Judy & Mary
    - Yuki
    - Shiina Ringo
    - Southern All Stars
    - Angela Aki
    - Begin (I saw them in concert in Nagano city..)
    - Orange Range

    How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know a lot of Japanese singers! I like SMAP,TOKIO,Southern All Stars,and Seiko Matsuda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Takao,

    へ〜 You like TOKIO? Cool! I used to watch "Dash 村" every Sunday when I lived in Japan. I liked the old style (organic) farming, living and cooking.
    It was so interesting.
    I think my dream would be to live in an old Japanese house..^_^

    Seiko Matsuda? Hehe. Do you like the song "Sweet Pea"?

    ReplyDelete