Monday, October 24, 2011

Terminal 21


A huge, new 5 level department store has opened in Bangkok: Terminal 21. It's a themed building, in which each floor represents one or two major cities in the world. Escalators reflect traveling in an airport, to give shoppers the experience of "traveling" to each city.

The cities (and one area) represented are:
B1: Caribbean
1F: Rome
2F: Paris / Tokyo
3F: Istanbul / London
4F: San Fransico / China town
5F: Hollywood

My Japanese friend and I went off to explore one Wednesday. I had so much fun.

The Hollywood sign:

The fifth floor, being Hollywood, features a cinema. Movie theaters in BKK are quite fun and feature sofas for couples:

Iron Man:

My friend poses with a giant Oscar statue:

Be sure to visit again tomorrow to see 4F: San Francisco. ^_^

Terminal 21 is located at Sukhumvit 21. Direct access from BTS Asoke. Clothes, food, books, some live events can be found here.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I've been here a couple of times. Could not believe the size of it when I first went to have a look, had no idea I should expect such a big mall. Love the different themes! (Tokyo's najsss)
    Went to the cinema with a Thai friend, very LOUD but nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saar!

    The cinema is really loud? Hm. I guess I won't be going there then.

    What was your favorite area? I liked London and Turkey best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you!

    Are cinemas not always too noisy? I do think so, always have to get used to that first. But it was quite a nice cinema :)

    Did you see that really awkward shop with a sort of Ronald McDonald 'Hitler' doll moving his hand up and down? It was quite the shocker. They were selling all these weird t-shirts there; hitler as a teletubbie, hitler as the mcDonald dude, etc. Can't believe it.

    Loved reading about your trip to Japan. You've made it back just in time to get your feet wet, eh;)

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saar,

    I completely missed that shop!! What the heck? Okay, I will be sure to go and see. It sounds so strange...

    Yeah, I am thinking to leave again. This flood...coming or not(??) is stressful. I'll make a decision tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete