Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Thaan Afternoon Tea

After a 2 week holiday, my best friend, Ms. D returned to the city. We met at our favorite cafe, Thaan, which now offers an Afternoon Tea set.

I was so happy to see her and she had a surprise for me: her UniQlo clothes!! I had told her about this shop a long time ago, and now, it's in Bangkok. I was really pleased that she enjoyed this style from Japan.

Ms.D wears UniQlo!! ^_^:

Our tea and food arrived. Thaan's set is really nice!

Sandwiches:

Sweets:

Scones (quite sweet):

We enjoyed catching up. Ms. D and her husband spent 2 weeks at a nice resort on Ko Samui. As for me, I had a lot of news to share too. ^_^

Ms. D had one funny thing to say to me though: "S, you look different. Are you in love???"
Me: "Yes, I am love with myself!" (We both laughed) I think my life has become absolutely amazing recently. I am having so much fun. ^_^

Thaan Cafe is located in Gaysorn Plaza. Direct access from Skywalk. BTS Chitlom. Afternoon Tea set for two 480 Baht ++ (=¥1300/ $13). Very reasonable! Staff will replace your hot water for free, so you can enjoy a lot of tea. BK Magazine's review is HERE, but I disagree. This shop is yummy!

10 comments:

  1. สวัสดีคะ UNIQLO!
    Thank you for introducing me to this wonderful shop!

    And yes, you really look different. Glowing inside and out! I thought it was just because of the sweets ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Corgi,

    I can read your Thai comment. How cool is that?? ^_^ About UniQlo: You're welcome.

    Recently I think I am starting to look like 'Maetel' from Galaxy Express 999. What do you think?

    This is Maetel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look more like her:

    http://shifz.org/blog/loituma_Girl.JPG

    hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah this is so good to read! Have you gone to Cambodia? Glad to hear you are so happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Corgi! (laughing) The negi girl!! I know that video.... so funny!!

    When I laugh, I do look like her. ^_^ hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saar,

    Long time no see! I will sent you a DM on Twitter..it's about the house party next week. ^_^ Please come!

    I'm not in Cambodia... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little sad. Two days after this post, my sunny friend Ms. D suddenly had to return to Germany.

    Ms D: I miss you! You will always be my friend, no matter where you are in the world. Now I have a great reason to come to Berlin! ^_^ Stay strong and see you on Skype!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Cutenekko!

    Sunny and chilly greetings from Germany!!!

    I miss you too!

    Yes, come to Berlin and we can have a Currywurst together. This would be a great blog post :-)

    The German men are very handsome! And polite!
    And they would really like you.

    Ms D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Corgi,

    I am in Tokyo now...I extended my stay. ^_^ I'll send you an email...

    German men are handsome and polite? My type!
    Shall I come after the New Year? I have some free time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way Corgi,

    It's freezing here too! (well, freezing for us Bangkok lovers...)

    Yesterday's temp? 18 C!! o_O

    ReplyDelete