春の武士[haru no bushi] - part 4

On this day, my friend was working, so I took a train to walk around and explore the neighborhood. It was fun!

When I woke up, my friend had laid out breakfast for me....I love my friends. ^_^


I wanted to check out a sports center nearby, as the website said it was really cheap to work out there -- only ¥400 ($4). The outside of the building had some unique sculptures....

Bull & rider:


Ball players:


Unfortunately, I couldn't use the facilities as you need a reservation, and the weight training room was fully booked. But I spoke with the lady at the information desk and she said I could come back again, so I made an appointment. I hope to blog about that in a future post. ^_^

I found a park nearby and took several photos....

Some Canadian maple leaves!


Some stone fish...


After walking for several hours, I got hungry and went to Gusto for lunch. Gusto is a chain restaurant, similar to Denny's in North America. I ate a really delicious vegetable & cheese gratin dish.
Yum!


 I cooked dinner again for my friend in the evening. This time, I made German potatoes and hamburg with homemade demi-glaze sause. I also attempted to make for the first time, one of my personal favorites -- grilled Japanese pumpkin. I didn't know how, so I called up my Twitter friend nina5jp, and asked. She was more than helpful and her recipe was a winner. Thank you!!

German potato -- potato, sausage, herbs and cheese. 


L to R: hamburg, & grilled pumpkin
















The hamburg was so good, we fought over who would eat the last one! (we ended up sharing).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anime in Bangkok

Cherry Blossoms

Afternoon Tea @ Mandarin Oriental | Part 5