Friday, May 4, 2012

春の武士[haru no bushi] - part 5

I had planned to visit some friends in Nagoya, and today was the day to do it. ^_^ When I woke up in the morning, again, my friend had prepared my breakfast....

I laughed about the donuts. Why? I had a discussion with my friend, mentioning that Canadians love donuts. We have a donut shop chain in Canada that is so famous, people call it by its nickname -- Timmy's or Tim's. The real name is Tim Horton's. My friend, who is not familiar with Canadian culture remembered my talk and promptly started buying donuts for me. (laugh) I could enjoy the taste of Canada in Japan. ^_^

After being dropped off at the station, I traveled to Nagoya and met a friend for afternoon tea. We enjoyed a sandwich and cake set with tea...


In the evening, I met another friend after her work finished up and we exchanged birthday gifts. She gave me a large assortment of things...I was overwhelmed with her kindness. My favorites were the Lush soaps, jelly beans and glow-in-the-dark bubbles! ^_^


In the morning, we headed over to a local cafe to enjoy Nagoya's famous "morning set". It's a big breakfast and cheap -- only $4 (¥400).
This morning set included: raisin toast, boiled egg, yogurt, potato salad and coffee.

After eating, I had time to walk around town, so I visited a local church to see the renovated interior. The stain glass windows are rare in Japan, but beautiful, no?


The following day was my birthday, and my friend had planned a surprise trip. I didn't know where we were going until arriving at the train station. Check in again tomorrow to see the surprise! ^_^

Tim Hortons is the most famous donut shop in Canada. Canadians love to go there to warm up, enjoy a coffee or donut and chat with friends. See it HERE. Lush makes organic soaps, shampoos, etc. They smell great! Highly recommended! See their shop HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment