Monday, May 7, 2012

春の武士[haru no bushi] - part 6

This day, I was invited to go out with my friend, who is a fan of boats, and watch a ship leaving the docks of Yokohama Bay. I took a day off work to enjoy the nice weather and view of the Pacific Ocean.

I love boats too, so we caught the Sea Bass from Yokohama station, riding it along the harbor front until we reached our destination, the famous Yamashita Park.

View from Sea Bass 1:


View 2:


Our boat continued along passing by more famous sights...

A Japanese Coast guard ship:

赤レンガ[Red Brick Warehouse] -- a famous square and shop area in Yokohama:

My friend had researched a cruise ship that was docked in Yokohama -- The Legend of the Seas. He wanted to see it depart at 5pm. From our boat, we got great views of the ship in port:

The Legend of the Seas:


After getting off, I got a photo of myself in front of the Sea Bass:

My Samurai friend knew a great, hidden, local restaurant which commanded spectacular views of Yokohama Bay. We enjoyed a late lunch here and I took photos of the water. ^_^

View from the restaurant 1:
Yokohama Bay Bridge on the right.
View 2:
The Legend of the Seas cruise ship, docked on the left.
Cutenekko enjoys the view:


After lunch, we walked over to the International Pier to catch the departure of the cruise ship. It was my first time to enjoy a send off. I was surprised, because there were speeches, balloons, live music and many flags. A JTB travel agent gave me a flag to wave at the departing passengers. I thought the whole thing was quite romantic. ^_^

Close up the ship's bow:

Tail (stern) of the ship:

Departing:

Turning:

Here, you can see the ship heading under Yokohama Bay Bridge. In the foreground, you can see the Sea Bass:

It was still quite early, so we enjoyed walking from the harbor to Yokohama Stadium. We checked out the local baseball team's souvenir shop and a park in front of the stadium. The park's flowers were out in full bloom, so I took a photo:

It's really nice to see such a beautiful park in the midst of a big city, isn't it?

That was Yokohama! I hope you enjoyed the water based tour. ^_^

Information about Sea Bass commuter boats and other sightseeing boats can be found HERE. Cost is varies per person, check the website for details. 


International Pier (known as: Osanbashi) is very nice to walk around. You can also access Yamashita Park nearby. Information is found HERE


Red Brick Warehouse is a famous tourist point in Yokohama. Visit the website HERE


Yokohama Bay Stars (the local baseball team) have a nice website HERE. I will attend a game later this summer. Be sure to watch for that blog post. ^_^/

No comments:

Post a Comment