Friday, July 8, 2011

Cafe lunch @ Emporium

My friend, Ms. D and I headed over to a cafe we've been dying to try in the Emporium department store. It's located on the top floor, across from the Thailand Creative & Design Center. We have often seen this shop filled with Hi-So (=high society) Thais, likely due to the location and decor.

The inside is very lovely....


My sofa seat with super comfy pillows!



My friend ordered her favorites--spring rolls...


...and Phad Thai:


I tried to order "Paella", which is a Spanish rice dish, filled with seafood. For some reason, the waiter just could not understand me. After a few minutes of frustration, my friend said: "Spanish Rice?" and the waiter beamed and rushed off. (laugh) If you want to order "Paella" in Thailand, please say "Spanish Rice" instead. You'll be understood. ^_^

This cafe (sorry, I forgot the name), is located on the top floor of the Emporium Department store. Take the escalators to the cinemas, turn right. The cafe is on your right, in front of the library. Prices from 100 baht. Our lunch, with coffee, water, and 3 dishes cost 600 baht for two (=¥1,800/$18). Warning: the atmosphere is very nice, but the food is not. .>_< Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment