Saturday, July 23, 2011

Manga in Thai

I stopped by a cafe to get some lunch, but my real reason for visiting was to check out the selection of Japanese manga inside.

I've often seen Thais reading Japanese manga on the trains here. Since I've been learning how to read Thai and can read quite a bit now, I thought: "Why not try to read a manga myself?"

I enjoyed curry and rice with a coffee...


....and picked out two books:


I can't read the stylized Thai writing yet, so the titles of these books are mystery. But the black cover caught my eye and I started reading.
The inside art was such:


A week after this cafe visit, I dropped by a manga store in the mall. I was the *only* foreigner (and girl!) in the shop. Many Thai guys stared at me; they probably thought I was lost. (laugh)
I snapped several photos of manga which are/were popular in Japan.
Detective Conan:



Death Note:


I picked up this one:

This manga cost: 45 baht = ¥135 / $1.35

I think this will be a more enjoyable way to read and learn Thai writing & vocabulary.
I'll keep you posted on my progress. ^_^

Curry lunch at "Something Sweet". UL floor. Interchange 21 building. BTS Asoke.
Mangas at OhAnime! 6F Central World. BTS Chitlom or Siam.

No comments:

Post a Comment