Monday, July 4, 2011

Foreign Familiar Art Exhibit


I worked hard Wednesday morning, so I rewarded myself with an afternoon trip to the Bangkok Art Culture Center (BACC). I wanted to visit an exhibit of photographs taken by ex-pats, all of whom are currently living and working in Asia.

The curator of the exhibit described it as thus (click to read in detail):


One particular artist stood out -- Bruno Quinquet. He lives in Japan and displayed photos related to Salarymen. A salaryman is the Japanese term for a businessman. They work long hours, often coming home at 10pm or much later. They are expected to go out drinking with colleagues, entertain customers, etc. The life of a salaryman is extremely hard. I feel a lot of sympathy.
Mr. Quinquet & his project:


His photos were quite striking....


This one made me laugh out loud in the gallery. I'm not sure if laughing inside an art museum is polite, but I couldn't help myself....
Passed out!


This exhibition closed on June 30th.

BACC is located across from MBK department store. BTS National Stadium. Enter from the Skywalk or ground floor. Entrance is free. Art shops & cafes also inside.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you cutenekko,
    you might be pleased to know that a "salaryman project" publication is on it's way!
    You can check the presale campaign here:
    http://www.ulule.com/salaryman/

    ReplyDelete