Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nagoya | 名古屋 #3

My trip to Nagoya, Japan continues...

This day was also quite busy; I had meetings with two friends and rehearsals again.

First, I met a friend I hadn't seen in over 2 years!!! She was my pianist and we performed together in a small, solo concert many years ago. I love her--so of course, we had so much to talk about.

She took me to a European bistro for lunch.

Inside...
Our table...

I ordered salmon, since I'm a Canadian girl...

...and crab salad.

She found this restaurant on the 食べるブローグ (Food Blog) site that is quite popular in Japan. Readers gave this shop 4 stars -- and I agree, it was really good!

Shop sign:
After lunch, I picked up my flute and headed over to practice (again). My view changed to a smaller studio this time...

After 2 hours here, I moved to the concert hall for more rehearsals. After a total of 5 hours rehearsing, in the lobby, I ran into 3 former colleagues. They were always so kind to me; I consider them to be my second family...we chatted about so many things. They said they were so worried about me living in Bangkok with the recent flooding...

My "other family", Mr.K, Ms.Ts, and Ms.T:

After the photo, I had to go to Nagoya station to meet a friend. She came all the way from Osaka to see me. It had been 2-3 years since we last saw each other. I was really happy to talk with her and her daughter. My friend is American, but her daughter attends a Japanese kindergarten, so I talked with her daughter about being bilingual. She said she never gets confused between the two languages. I was impressed. ^_^

My friend and her daughter:
My friend was quite funny during our dinner. We talked about 告白(confessions) because she had gotten two very strange ones recently -- even though she is married!

Tomorrow is the concert and wrap up party. Please visit again... ^_^

Innover is located in Shin Sakae Machi. Site HERE.

2 comments:

  1. It looks to me that Nagoya is like your home sweet home, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Takao,

    I love Nagoya. It's really nice....

    But! I chatted with an older lady on the train from Tokyo --> Nagoya. She said: "名古屋はいなかな〜。" (笑う)

    ReplyDelete