Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tokyo | 東京 Part 4

My trip to the city center continues...

On this day, I met a fan of my blog. The highest number of readers of my blog are from Japan, so it's nice to meet some face-to-face. The coolest part? We spoke only in Japanese! Yay!

We went to an art gallery together in Ueno park --- to see the Goya exhibit. It was really crowded inside! [>_<]

Outside the museum...

Photos are not allowed inside, but I will show you the most famous Goya painting which we viewed: "La Maja Vestida"

After this, I enjoyed a boat cruise from Asakusa to Odaiba, and back. It was fun to view Tokyo from the water...

Outside the boat. (Canadians love boats -- this is a well known fact.) ^_^

I'm surprised how many friends I have been able to make via this blog and Twitter. Technology is pretty neat, no?

The National Museum of Western Art is located in Ueno Park, Tokyo. Access: JR Ueno station, or Tokyo Metro, Ueno. The Goya exhibit was ¥1,500 / person. ($15/ 800 baht). Website HERE.

Tokyo Cruise offers many different sightseeing boats. Departs from numerous locations: Asakusa, Hamarikyu, Toyosu, Tokyo Big Sight, etc. Prices start at ¥200 ($2/ 90 baht). Website HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Something funny for you non-Japanese readers:

    There is a vegetable in Japan called "Goya". See picture HERE

    So, while walking through the art gallery, I came across a self-portrait of the artist, Goya. I said to my friend:
    "He's not green! I'm so disappointed." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your joke of Goya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Takao,

    Thank you. Please leave a tip if you like the jokes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete