Monday, November 21, 2011

Suan Pakkad Palace Museum

Another friend called me up and wanted to meet after I had returned from Japan. She invited me to explore a park/museum with her in the city -- Suan Pakkad Palace near Phaya Thai station.

While waiting for my friend at the station, I spied something funny -- a Florida Hotel!

Florida is a looooong way from Bangkok...

The museum was a short walk from the station. For 100 Baht, we could explore inside and the gardens outside. It was pretty amazing to find such a tropical paradise in the heart of Bangkok.

Garden View 1:

Garden View 2:

Inside the garden are 4 traditional Thai houses, which visitors can explore via connected walkways. We both enjoyed this immensely and stopped to rest our feet for a bit on the sofa inside one house.

My feet:

After viewing all the artifacts inside, we decided to head over to a nearby hospital. Why? Hospitals in Thailand often have nice restaurants and cafes...this one had an S&P cafe. My friend and I enjoyed telling funny stories here. I laughed and laughed at her story of meeting a guy from Sierra Leone whose pick up line was: "Do you want to see my gun?" (laugh) You can meet many different kinds of people in Bangkok... it's never boring here. ^_^

Cute me laughing at my friend's stories....

Suan Pakkad Palace Museum is open daily from 09.00~16.00. Access: BTS Phaya Thai station, Exit 4. The museum is cross from Siam City Hotel. Entrance fee: 100 Baht. English pamphlets available. No photos are allowed inside, but photos of the garden are okay. Visitors must lock up their bags at the information desk before entering. Inside exhibits feature pottery, gems, art, and furniture. Website HERE.

2 comments: