Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tokyo | 東京 Part 3

An extended tour of Japan continues...

My Twitter friend was really surprised to hear that I was going to be in Tokyo again. Luckily, she too, is very flexible when it comes to her schedule, so we were able to meet. I had a strange request: Take me to IKEA!! ^_^ I wanted to do some research to see the cost of furniture I'll need when I move back to Japan. She took to me to IKEA in Saitama prefecture.

I had a lot of fun....and I could get some good ideas for my Japanese apartment. I took pictures of my favorites....

Red sofa bed...I love this color.

A retro-fitted Japanese closet -- made into a work space. Brilliant!

This room is only 7 tatami mats -- but well designed. I loved the closet space at the back. My friend said: "Just change the bed for a sofa, and this is a great room!" I agreed. ^_^

My friend, taking a break....

My friend brought her young son, who I pushed in his stroller. I think I really confused people -- Western, blonde girl with a young Japanese boy in a stroller?? (laugh) People stared a lot. o_O

Of course we ate at the restaurant too! I had chicken curry, and a Swedish roll cake. It wasn't too bad...




I really enjoyed my time here. Moving won't be so difficult at all. ^_^

Saitama IKEA is located in La La City. (My friend and I had a big laugh over this name). I forgot the route, but I had to take 3 different trains to get there. It was quite complicated. If you really need to know, I will ask my friend and update the directions in the comments.

***Sickness Update***
I've been quite sick since Monday night. Yesterday, the only thing I could eat was: water. o_O Today I am feeling a little better. Thank you for being so patient regarding the blog posts.

6 comments:

  1. I think you got sick because of the blue Swedish roll thingy!! It looks absolutely disgusting :-@

    ReplyDelete
  2. (laughing) Haha Corgi. Perhaps you are right. The taste of that roll cake wasn't so great... I don't think I finished it.

    I am feeling much better today...finally. I ate my first real food in 3 days --a bowl of rice. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yes that looks absolutely gross! We should make a trip to Ikea in Bangkok as well! ;)
    (When) do you plan to move back to Japan? I'd love to live there for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saar! Thanks for your funny post. You're right ... it WAS gross!

    I got the IKEA catalogue for Bang Na at my condo here... let's go! I'll force you to eat that cake if they've got it. ^_^ Mwhahahaha!

    I will move there next year. Want to come? I need a roommate (true true). Even just to visit, you are more than welcome to stay at my place. I love being the "tour guide". ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey :)

    I'm lucky I am vegan than, I guess it was full of dairy-shizzle that does not do your stomach any good (but let's not forget ALL zhe sugarrr! Ugh, I bet your tongue was blue and yellow after eating it?!)

    We should go to the Phantom of the Opera at Paragon, they are screening the recordings of the show in London. It looks fab!

    The last time I was at IKEA was in Taipei, I walked past and could not help myself. But it is less fun when you don't have a home to shop for - although I always enjoy strolling around there, 'dreaming'...

    Wow, Japan next year! I'd love to come, but I will be my boyfriend's new roomie in Waterloo instead, haha. But if I am able to come to Japan one day, you can show me around. I've never been to Tokyo, and still regret that. (LOVED Kyoto though!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saar,

    I AM going to see the Phantom of the Opera -- tonight! ^_^ See you there?

    Waterloo...as in Ontario? Wow! You'll have to tell me how you met your boyfriend... ^_^

    I will definitely show you around if you come to Japan. I like showing people the hidden parts, as well as the touristy things. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete