Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tokyo | 東京 Part 1

An extended tour of Japan begins...

I am always free during the day time, so I like going out and exploring. This morning, I decided to visit a place I missed during my last visit: Tokyo Anime Center.

It's located in Akihabara, in the UDX building. See the floor guide (click for details):
No photos are allowed inside, so I could only take two. One of the entrance...

...and the other of a famous red-haired character from my area of Canada:
It's funny, we spell it: "Anne of Green GABLES". Oh well. ^_^

After this, I had spoken with a guy from Tokyo while in Nagoya. He said there was a Gundam cafe in Tokyo, so I went to see. It's right in front of the station:
Inside, they were having a "Gundam Seed" fair, so music and videos from that series were played on the big screen:

More Gundam:
I ordered a tea, which burned my tongue. Be warned: If you order hot drinks here, "hot" means "like lava". My tongue hurt for the rest of the day.

Tea:
Compared with Char's (Gundam) bar in Nagoya, Tokyo's Gundam Cafe didn't really impress me. But, if you are a Gundam fan, there is a Gundam goods shop in the cafe. It's free to look.

Tokyo Anime Center is located in the UDX building, 4F. Open: 11.00 ~ 19.00. Free admission. Station: JR Akihabara or Tokyo Metro (Hibiya Line) to Akihabara. Site & map HERE.
Gundam Cafe is located in Akihabara. Same directions as above. Prices from ¥200 + ($2/ 90 baht+) Homepage & map are HERE.

***Special Bonus***
Today is Remembrance Day in Canada. We remember those who died in the war by wearing a red poppy on our clothes and attending wreath laying ceremonies in parks. You often see or hear the phrase: "Lest we forget." (image provided by remembrancedaycanada.com)

***Special Fact***
Today's date is 11/11/11. In Thailand, a series of similar numbers is considered to be very lucky. Wedding ceremonies or lottery ticket buying are popular activities on these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment