Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Friend's Pool

Yet another friend was hoping to meet me after returning from Japan -- my interior designer! She offered a great deal -- come to my swimming pool!

Her condo is the Millenium Towers off Sukhumvit. It's a 54 story building with amazing views. The pool is an infinity style pool-- meaning, the water appears to drop off the edge. It's like living at a tropical resort. See the photos!

The pool...

The building (there are 4 in this complex)

I wore a bikini on this day -- which is very rare for me. It was the second time in my life! I'm not a "bikini girl" because I don't like people staring at my body...but my friend challenged me to wear a bikini, so....*sigh*

The view from my lounge chair:

After a while, it was time to hit the pool. The only bad point? It was absolutely freezing! I think you can see my frozen popsicle body in this picture... (laugh)

Cold, but that view is amazing, eh?

I spent about 3 or 4 hours with my friend here. She told me all her backpacking stories, which were pretty incredible. She had spent 13 months traveling around Asia once!

Millenium Towers is located off of Sukhumvit Soi 16. See photos of the inside HERE. My friend said the monthly rent is above 40,000 baht (¥120,000/$1200 per month) for a 2 bedroom.

3 comments:

  1. The only pool I've ever swam was the school pool or the local pool, which were always very crowded. You're lucky swimming in such a gorgeous pool though it was cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Takao,
    It's very common for condos in BKK to have swimming pools. My building has a pool, a gym, a pool table...^_^

    But my friend's pool is much nicer. I think I am lucky to have a nice friend. ^_^

    As a high school student in Canada, my house had a pool in the back yard. I held a few "pool parties" for friends...it was fun, but cold too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I was waiting for this happen...a blog fan asked:
    "Do you have any more bikini photos...??"

    I do, but I am not willing to publish them. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete