Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nagoya | 名古屋 #5

Travels in Nagoya, Japan continue...

After wrapping up the concert, I felt that I could finally relax. Nagoya is famous for cafe breakfasts, called "Morning set". I dragged a friend out with me in the morning... ^_^

We ate a new cafe near her home. The morning set was really yummy!
After eating, we chatted in Japanese with the 2 ladies running the shop. They must have liked my friend and I so much, because they gave us each a little gift -- a clock! ^_^

After breakfast, I told my friend: "Let's go out!" A student of hers had recommended I visit the new Railway museum near Nagoya Port. So, we went. ^_^

Me at the entrance...
This was a pretty fun place. I love trains, and there were so many on display. I saw...

...the Maglev (train which levitates on magnets, allowing it to move very quickly)

...(please sing!) The galaxy express 39 will take you on a journey..a never ending journey...(laugh)

I took a photo of the map showing the museum's floor plan (click to see details):
Inside the main hall, you can see a lot of the "rolling stock" trains.

View 1:
View 2:

This train caught my eye because it reminded me of a porcupine. The train was used to check tunnels for debris...
Another lovely old steam train. I didn't see Harry Potter and his friends here though...(laugh)
My favorite part of this museum tour was....asking my friend to take funny photos of me. I love taking funny photos. Here are a few; please enjoy!

いっできま〜す!(Going!)

待ってます。(waiting)

しなの!(Shinano train ...it goes to the Japan Alps)

手を洗いましょう。(Wash your hands!)

This was my favorite train. It was a street car, with a pole in the center. As soon as I saw it, I giggled to my friend: "Let's pole dance!" So, we did! ^_^

My sexy pose:
My friend:

Ah....we had so much fun. It was the perfect day. ^_^

The Linear & Railway Museum (リニヤ&鉄道館) is located in Nagoya, Japan. From Nagoya station, change to the Aonami line. It takes about 20 minutes. Entrance fee is ¥1,000/adults, ¥500 for children. ($10/350 baht and $5/150 baht) The website is HERE. (日本語 )


4 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing over the pole dancing photos...

    I'm so crazy some days....^_^

    Private message to Corgi:
    Your country's trains are next! (giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pole dancing! It really suits you! Wouldn't that another career choice for you ^-^?
    (Tell your mum I am sorry I said that)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sexy pose picture as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Corgi!
    You love my pole dancing? Yay! Yes, I am considering quitting my job and traveling around the world by train, pole dancing on every train. ^_^
    The perfect life, no? LOL

    -----------------------------
    Hi Takao,

    I knew you'd say that. (laugh)

    ReplyDelete