Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nagoya | 名古屋 #2.2

Friday's busy schedule continues...

As mentioned yesterday, I met my friend for dinner. We went to an izakaya in the Chikusa area. We ate...

Raw octopus...

Grilled mushrooms..

Heart shaped eggs...

Asparagus...

Grilled garlic...

..and chicken with ume sause and another with cheese.

I had quit drinking alcohol for a long time, but I couldn't help myself from ordering an old favorite: green apple shochu!

It was still early, and I really wanted to visit a bar. I dragged my friend along...
I didn't know the exact address, so I sent a message to another friend asking for help. While waiting, I said to my Nagoya friend: "I bet we'll only have to wait 5 minutes". My research friend texted me back in 7 minutes! Almost made it!! (laugh)

We jumped in a cab to go to....
Quattro Vageena Bar (Char from Gundam) YAY!!! ^_^

Entrance...
This bar was super fun! It was perhaps my favorite experience in Japan. I took a LOT of photos...

The bar...
My friend and I were asked if we would do some cos-play...(provided by the bar)
I made some friends too...Yuta (the bartender) and Ken, who sat next to me (he's a regular customer)...
Yuta said my Japanese was really good and that I sounded like a native Japanese speaker. I had never had anyone say that to me before. I was so pleased. ^_^

This bar had a lot of "gunpla" (Gundam plastic models). I took some photos...

Models here...
...and there.
I found something nice for my male readers...(laugh) I know your fetishes! Enjoy!!
Near the entrance, stands a 150cm model of Zaku II -- Char's robot!
The bartender Yuta, showed me a collection of Char playing cards. He also did some magic tricks for my friend and I. Very fun!

Cards...

I highly recommend this place. I want to become a regular at this bar!! ^_^

Quattro Vageena is uber cool. Please go! Higashiyama line, Sakae station. Walk 5 minutes from the Chunichi building. Cover charge: ¥500/ person. Asahi English site HERE. 日本語 Facebook page HERE.
Tori Tori izakaya is in Chikusa, across from the JR station. B1 of the AEON school building. Very cheap! Our meal cost ¥3,000 for two people, including drinks.

2 comments:

  1. The bar looks really impressive. The picture of your cos-play piacture is also nice as well as the one of the cushion of the bueautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Takao,

    Don't you know? The girl on the cushion is me! (laugh)

    Someone dared me to do nurse cos-play. I will try some day. ^_^

    ReplyDelete