Monday, August 15, 2011

Agalico Tea House | Part 1

A friend sent me an email with a link to this tea house last month, saying: "It looks like something out of a Jane Austin novel...we have to go!" I have a secret affection for Ms.Austin's works, so just the mention of this famous author perked my ears up. =^_^=

We managed to visit here on a Friday in early August. The inside is as dreamy as the dashing Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice.

Our table:

A cabinet with curiosities:

An elaborate birdcage:

The dessert corner:


Seating area (we later moved from our table to this sofa for more chatting....^_^):
Crystal Chandeliers!

Visit again tomorrow to see the sweets offered here and photos of the attached garden.

Agalico is located on Sukhumvit Soi 51. BTS Thong Lor, Exit 1 and walk about 10 minutes. Agalico's website is HERE. Open from 10.00 ~ 18.00 Fri./Sat./Sun. only!

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I am impressed with my photos. (laugh) Agalico really IS that beautiful inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D They could just use this in their brochure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Saar,

    Thank you for the nice comment! I am really proud of these photos. I'm surprised I took these...(laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all very posh! You will most definitely need to take me there whenever I visit (in 9 years after I pay my student loans :( ) AL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was really lovely. It's hard to believe this tea house is in the center of a big, noisy city. Wait for the photos of the gardens in a few days...even better!

    And yes! Please come. You only need to pay for the plane ticket. But you'd better hurry--I am always eager to move and try new places. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Btw, Anna-Lise, here is another game I like: QUIDDLER It was given to me by a friend.

    I used this in many lessons with upper elementary and junior high school students. They loved it. Like Scrabble, only with cards--very fun!

    ReplyDelete