Friday, August 12, 2011

Beirut Restaurant @ Ploen Chit

Two Japanese friends of mine moved from Nagoya to BKK recently, so I took them to this restaurant. I was nervous/excited to see them -- it had been a loooong time since I had spoken in Japanese. But, I was very proud of myself -- I didn't need to use my dictionary once! ^_^

I suggested most of the dishes....

Roasted, spicy potatoes:

Naan:

Greek Salad:

Garlic Hummus:

My friends also asked for roasted chicken:

They presented me with several gifts, which was so sweet. I got a new umbrella, ふろしき (Japanese traditional cloth) and a small bag. I *almost* cried...I have nice friends. ^_^

We enjoyed chatting about lots of things, but mainly, traveling. They had just returned from their honeymoon in Turkey and France. I asked many questions about Turkey, since I am thinking to go there in the New Year. ^_^ If you have some good travel tips, please share them in the comments.

Beirut Restaurant is located on B1 in the Ploen Chit Center. BTS Nana or Ploen Chit. Be aware during Ramadan, they do not serve alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment