Sunday, August 14, 2011

Khun Churn @ Ekkamae


A friend introduced me to this vegetarian restaurant. It is often crowded during lunch hour, so readers are advised to go before or after this time.

It's really beautiful inside...

View A:

View B:

The menu consists of Thai cuisine only, but there are numerous pictures and English explanations. Non Thai speakers need not worry!

Menu:

My friend and I ordered fresh blended juice first. Mine was "An Apple a Day, Keeps the Doctor Away". Inside, there was apple, pineapple and lime(?) juice. Super yum!

We decided to share three dishes...

Phad Thai (my friend's favorite):

Fried corn cakes:

Chef's salad:

Everything here was delicious! This shop is highly recommended, whether you are a vegan or not. ^_^

Khun Churn is located in the Bangkok Mediplex Building, G1, attached to BTS Ekkamae Station. Open from 10.00 ~ 20.00. Prices from 80 baht +. Excellent!

4 comments:

  1. I've visited their branch in Chiang Mai a couple of times last year. They are awesome. This place is a bit more expensive (yet classy) I believe. Hmm..maybe I should splurge one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saar!

    There is a branch in Chiang Mai? Wow...I didn't know that.

    I was very impressed with this place. Great food and the atmosphere is very nice.

    I used to be a very cautious person with money, but recently, I don't think about it. (laugh) My parents also taught me a good lesson:
    - When it comes to spending money, always spend more on food. Everyone has to eat, and don't you want to enjoy eating well?

    Good advice, I think. ^_^

    Please recommend a nice place that you like Saar. I am always interested in trying out new shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I actually think they started off in Chiang Mai - like ages ago, and opened their branch in Bangkok way later.
    Hmm, but you've actually got a job, right? ;) I do buy good food, but mostly at the supermarket (yumyum salad). It's convenient (after yoga) and I know what's in my food (fishsauce, ugh). I should experiment a bit more again, I went out a lot in Chiang Mai, don't really do it that often over here. (Had some unexpected things to pay for back home, no fun).
    I love seeing all the places you visit, it's great to get a better insight in the specialties this city has got to offer :)
    I'd like to try Loving Hut; they're completely Vegan (across the river), and it is so strange to be able to pick whatever you want from the menu -- without having to check whether it's vegan or not. (I visited them in Singapore, had my first pho there. Was not really impressed though..)
    I miss the veg. buffets in Taiwan, haha, they are awesome! Recommend me something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Saar,

    Thanks for your long post! I was surprised to hear that this shop originated in Chiang Mai. Wow.

    I've never heard of Loving Hut. If you know it, shall we go together and check it out?

    My recommendation? Hm...It's not vegetarian, but I liked the atmosphere:
    Sabaai Jai Gai Yaan It's in Ekkamae. All the taxi drivers know it, so you shouldn't have any trouble. There is live music and outdoor seating; it's great at night. The food is Issan style. It's the perfect place to enjoy a beer. ^_^

    ReplyDelete