Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rasayana Retreat & Cafe

Rasayana is a special spa whose services specialize in detox and cleansing. While that sort of thing doesn't interest me greatly, I was curious to try their cafe, which features "raw vegan food". I can't take the credit for finding this shop; my biggest blog fan and partner in seeking out fun, Ms. D, found this place.

View from the street:

We enjoyed the outside patio here, and started with some drinks.

Patio seating area:

Ms. D chose a tahini & mango smoothie (brownish/white one)...and I enjoyed a 'Raw Mojito'--pineapple, lemon and mint. Very, very nice. I *almost* ordered another....^_^

Our drinks:

We also ordered some food. For Ms. D, carrot creme soup (it was served cold):

For myself, I got excited at the word "pizza" in the menu; I hadn't eaten pizza in a long, long time, so I ordered a Hawaiian. ^_^
On top: sun dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, pineapple, and a light creme. The crust was flaxseed (!!). The pizza was also served cold.

Hawaiian Pizza:

Detail of one slice:

We both enjoyed this experience. My friend and I were surprised how filling the food was. We both could not finish our dishes. I had the staff wrap up our leftovers and took them home. ^_^ This shop is recommended just for the unique food!

Rasayana Retreat & Cafe is located just off Sukhumvit Soi 39. BTS Phrom Phong, then take a tuk-tuk (30 baht). Another shop can be found at Siam Paragon, Food Floor. Prices from 80 -- 250 Baht. Shop's website is HERE. Information about "raw vegan food" can be found HERE. 日本語でブログはここです。For ex-pats in the Bangkok area, there is a Raw Vegan group on Meetup.com. Join the site, then search via keyword: Bangkok. ^_^ Have fun!

***Special Bonus!***
Today is my mother's birthday. She is 45 years old....again! ^_^ Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment