Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Japanese food | 日本料理

I love Japanese food. I want my readers to know there is A LOT more to Japanese cuisine than just sushi! In fact, if you visit Max Valu on Soi Chitlom, you can buy some typical 日本コンビニ (Japanese convenience store) food.

I picked up two things, which I loved eating in Japan.

1) ツナマーヨおにぎり (Tuna + mayonaise rice ball):

The inside:


It's triangle shaped and wrapped in seaweed. I love to eat this as a snack and seaweed is very good for one's beauty...so ladies, you should eat more seaweed. ^_^ The cost: 35 baht = ¥105 / $1.10 -- the same as what you would pay in Japan.

2) チキン丼 (Chicken Rice Bowl):

Grilled chicken with a slightly sweet sesame flavor on top of rice, with egg omelet and ginger? Heaven! This was only 45 Baht (=¥135 / $1.40). This is actually cheaper than in Japan. I think a bowl like this would cost about ¥300 in Japan = 100 baht. Perhaps my readers in Japan can let me know...

Max Valu is a Japanese owned supermarket chain. In Bangkok, you can visit a small Max Valu on Soi Chitlom, in the Vanessa Building (next to Central Chitlom). Open 24 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Neat. A Japanese site linked my blog. Yay! ありがとう! http://www.shinobi.jp/

    ..and someone keeps translating my site into Thai. It's really cool to see! Click HEREif you want to see my blog in Thai script. ^_^

    ReplyDelete